Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Do You Know Your Skin Type?

My Onyx Beauty,

Please let me lay my head on your shoulder and lament about the week I have had! Wooo!!! Well, you know that no matter the hectic week, my mind is always on makeup! An avid reader of mine asked a great question of me that I actually hadn't thought of... How do I figure out my skin type? Ladies, I cannot stress enough how important knowing your skin type is to selecting your makeup, cleansers, and makeup removers! So lets get to it... Do you have your towels and cleansers ready?

First, wash your face. Be gentle and do not over wash your face. We want to clean our faces, not scrub away all of our skin!

After gently patting your face dry, do not apply any moisturizers, touch your face, or ANYTHING for next hour. This will give your face a chance to get back to it's "normal" after being cleansed. Trust me... allowing your face to get back to it's "normal" is vital to figuring out what your skin type is!

Did you wait an hour? A FULL hour and not 45 minutes? Ok! Next take some kleenex or tissue and dab your "T-zone" (your forehead and nose)

Now we get to the good part! What type of skin do you have?

If you have NORMAL skin , you should see neither oil nor flaking skin. If you have NORMAL skin I am rolling my eyes so hard at you right now... but I still love you! ;-)

If you have OILY skin, you will see a greasy buildup on the tissue. Many individuals like myself with oily skin often have large pores and are "shiny."

If you have dry skin, your skin may feel "tight" or show flakes of dead skin. Many individuals with this type of skin often have small pores. If this is you... moisturizer should be your middle name to ensure a supple, smooth appearance.

Then there are the many individuals that have combination skin. Combination skin often shows characteristics of all three skin types. Most often, the "T-Zone" is oily while the rest of your skin may feel dry to normal.

Now that you know the type of skin that you have, you can better select which products, cleansers, primers, etc will work best for your skin type! See that wasn't so hard now was it? Have questions or topics you would like me to touch on? Leave me a comment beautiful... In the mean time, get to work!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerval!
    I love your blog and found this post particularly interesting. I learned something new! Kudos and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete