Monday, August 18, 2014

Pumped and Primed... What's the purpose of primer?

Why hey there beautiful!!

I hope that your week has started out as wonderful as I am sure you look as you are reading this! It was called to my attention by one my readers (thank you L.W.) asked me a question that I honestly didn't think to explain... What the heck is a primer and what does it do? You had that question too? Well I'm glad you asked!

There are different types of primer out there just as there are different kinds of foundation. Now don't get scared on me now, keep reading! The purpose of primer is to help your makeup last longer, fill in fine lines and wrinkles, control shine, and prevent creases in eyeshadow and foundation. Yes. primer does all of that! Now just like foundations, you need to look for a primer that is right for your needs and your skin tone. For me, my face produces more oil than what the Beverly Hillbillies found! Just because I like a primer for my face... you may not. Primers are made for pretty much every part of your face where you put makeup. Does your eyeshadow streak or fade during the day... just like apps, there's a primer for that. Wish your favorite shade of lipstick didn't fade so quickly? Well... there's a primer for that!

With any primer, you should wait a few minutes after application before applying your makeup. Essentially allowing it to dry and do what it's supposed to do. Face primer a very light gel consistency. Now I can admit that I didn't use primer for a long while because I didn't want to add another "product" on my face but recently I found one that I fell madly in love with. The one I use is so light I almost put too much on because I didn't feel anything on my skin. (It was great!) The picture below is the one I use (Glam It! Foundation Primer). So, if you are having any issues with your makeup fading, streaking, or settling into fine lines and/or wrinkles or just want your makeup to stay where you put it... Prime it baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment