Monday, July 21, 2014

Starting From the Top: The Brushes Part 1!

Alright Onyx beauties,

I was got so excited a few days ago getting together the perfect brow post that I neglected to start from the top... Not everyone is "makeup savvy" or have gone from "wearing no makeup at all" to "glamazon-diva-Beyonce'-is-going-to-hire-me-tomorrow-to-be-a-part-of-her-glam-squad." So, for you onyx divas that are makeup elites I apologize but we must start from the top and review makeup brushes! Before I begin typing away and getting to my happy place of makeup, unicorns, and rainbows let me make sure you know that in no way shape or fashion do you need to go out tomorrow and 1) buy any old brush kit you find and 2) you don't break the bank trying to buy every brush ever created and known to man. For anyone new to the makeup game, I always suggest starting small. Get one or two brushes at a time, learn and get to using them first, then expand your makeup brush collection. Will you definitely need every single brush listed in this post... NO! Some ladies that do MARVELOUS wonders on their faces do so with their fingers. Myself on the other hand... I use my fingers, not only will I look like BOZO the clown but I will also paint every surface in my house and my clothing some random color that is too noticeable to try to hide.

Now, before you learn which brush does what job... You need to know the types. There are synthetic hair and natural hair. Each have their pros and cons. I would suggest before making any purchase to feel each type to see which appeals more to you. My personal favorite brands to purchase are MAC (5 piece box set $49.50) and GlamIt! Cosmetics (5 piece box set $40.) I lean more toward GlamIt! because their brushes are very comparable to MAC and are cheaper. The list below is a description of what each brush does and what it is best used for. This post will only focus on the brushes used on the eye area. Part 2 will focus on the brushes used for the whole face.


Makeup Brushes

In 2 days I will post part 2 of "Starting for the Top: The Brushes Part 2"... Don't fret! You'll get the hang of this makeup thing in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment